Monday, November 4, 2013

No Excuses November: First Monday


That about sums up my thoughts this morning! Honestly, I had my morning all planned out last night. I was going to get up, do some cardio, make some breakfast and head off to work on time - maybe even early. Well, let's just say that isn't exactly how things panned out.

I managed to drag myself out of bed 15 minutes after my second alarm. Ok, in the spirit of honesty I'll admit I hit snooze on my cardio alarm about 4 times before just saying "not today." Even without my workout, I refused to let myself skip my healthy breakfast.



My one egg, two egg white, turkey and mozzarella sandwich was perfect fuel for a Monday morning.

I didn't have time for groceries yesterday with how productive I was so the lunch hour was perfect for a run to the store. I stocked up on what I'll need for the week - Meal Prep Monday is new routine #1 - and grabbed some fresh fruit and veggies from the salad bar for lunch.


Right after work was straight to the gym for some lifting. The goal on the Workout Routine is cardio at least three mornings a week and lifting at least three evenings. I'm also shooting for a combo of cardio and lifting on every Saturday or Sunday. I'm hoping I can get these things established to the point where they're no longer work anymore...how it used to be :-)


Had some tuna for my healthy dinner and a small piece of dark chocolate for dessert - gotta love Dove!


I know I mentioned Meal Prep Monday earlier and I'm hard at work sitting on my couch waiting for my chicken to cook. To be fair, the turkey meatloaf muffins are already done :-p


Oh, don't worry. I'm also applying for the part-time job I want to start this Spring...more info on that as the opportunity unfolds but I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed.

So far No Excuses November is off to a great start for me, despite missing my workout this morning. Now, I know I'm the one who implemented this whole thing, but I think there is an important lesson to be learned here:  One mistake doesn't have to ruin the whole day! Even though things didn't go as planned this morning, I kept on going as if they had and still managed to accomplish so much - including cleaning the most weight I've ever cleaned at the gym! And the even better news is, its only Monday!  I have all week to still get my three morning cardio sessions in :-)

I've already had some great No Excuses November accomplishments. In just two days I've established my Sunday and Monday routines:

Sundays: Walk Zoey, Workout, Cleaning, Laundry and other Chores around the House
Mondays: Meal Prep, Cardio, Lifting and Accomplishing one small project 

And gotten so many little things done that I had been putting off. I can't wait to see what my new Tuesday routines will be. And remember, goals don't have to be big for them to make a BIG difference!

2 comments:

  1. Your meals look amazing...I'm mostly jealous. Do you think part of your routine could be cooking for me too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even post the picture of the completed meals...they are delicious! Move closer and we'll talk :-)

    ReplyDelete