Sunday, November 3, 2013

No Excuses November

November kind of gets a bad rap. Sure, there is Thanksgiving but so many people dread the month of November and we have to wait all the way to the end of the month for that delicious meal. Temperatures get colder, Christmas items (which came out as early as August this year) are formerly welcomed everywhere and men do that no shave thing.

That's why this year I've decided to institute "No Excuses November" for myself and any of my friends willing to participate. I've had a rough time getting motivated lately (in SO many different arenas) and I thought taking a month to revamp, revitalize and rejuvenate my routine was in order.


No Excuses November isn't about one specific thing - its about everything! I'm making it a point to set weekly goals that I want to become my new lifestyle. Week one's goal is to map out new routines. I've gotten into the habit lately of getting off work, planting on my couch and spending the majority of my evenings there. Well, that needs to stop!

My new routines will help me to be productive and stay on top of all those little things I've been forgetting about lately. Or even the little things I've just been purposely blowing off (cardio, anyone?).

I still have some work to do on what exactly my new routines will be but I'm very excited about my first day of No Excuses November - I got so much done! I started this morning by taking Zoey for a walk. We went down to the greenbelt and enjoyed the beautiful fall weather...and colors:

Zoey was doing so well on the walk and we didn't run into too many people so I had to let her roam free just a little:
She did great! No running off and stayed near me the whole time. What a great pup! After our walk Zoe passed out while I made lunch and headed to the gym. That's a three mile walk followed by cardio and lifting. I had to hurry home a little faster than I preferred because mom came over to help with some yardwork. We didn't get it finished but we sure did get a lot done! I'll be finishing up the rest next weekend - no excuses!

I'll fill you in on what my new routines are as soon as I get them concretely laid out...and I definitely will before the week is out! I already have so much on my to-do list for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment