Tuesday, November 12, 2013

No Excuses November: Weekend Update

Oh, wow! What a busy weekend! My initial No Excuses November plan was to have a blog post daily, but that definitely did not happen this weekend. I have revised my goal – still shooting for daily, but giving a little bit of leeway on weekends. I don’t think I’ll be nearly as busy the rest of the month as I was this past weekend but who knows! (And yes, I totally meant to post this last night - whoops!!)


Thursday night I had a great workout at the gym followed by a delicious dinner. I made some super healthy – and super easy - Banana Protein Pancakes. Take a look at how simple this recipe is:

Just mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and fry up like a normal pancake! This amount made about two pancakes – just enough for me :-) I chose to top mine with just a little bit of honey but you can do all kinds of combinations depending what your nutritional goals are.
Friday was crazy for me. Mostly because I had tickets to the P!nk concert Friday night. I’m not even joking, this was by far the most phenomenal show I have ever seen – and I’ve been to more than a few concerts in my day. I’ll admit that the Keith Urban concert I attended Saturday was phenomenal as well, but P!nk’s performance just blows everyone out of the water. She is far more talented than I ever imagined – being able to accomplish Cirque de Soliel-like tasks WHILE singing blows my mind!
That being said, Keith Urban is still a VERY pretty man and my floor seats were amazing.

Needless to say, with all of the concerts I did not eat the healthiest this weekend. Or really invest a whole lot of time working out. I did invest some time into new shoes though!
And into decorating my Christmas tree:


I know, I know, it is only November but it just looks and feels better when it is decorated for Christmas. Makes me smile at least!

My big "Monday Highlight" other than getting a great workout in and eating some healthy teriyaki chicken for dinner was my shiny new wireless keyboard and mouse at work...also note the awesome new owl mug :-)


I'll get my Tuesday post out tonight...expect good things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment